From dealership and warranty information to picking a prop and finding a part number, we have answers to many of the questions you may have, right here. If you don’t find your Q & A here, contact the nearest Yamaha marine dealer or call Yamaha Customer Service at (866) 894-1626.
Use the dropdown menu to select your topic of interest. All related questions will be listed below.
01. Will the Helm Master™ system work with any Yamaha Outboard motor?
Currently the Helm Master™ system can only be installed with our 4.2L V6 Offshore and all V8 F350 outboards.
02. Can I repower my boat with the Helm Master™ system?
No, the Helm Master™ system is limited to authorized Yamaha boat builder accounts who have been trained and their respective boat models validated by Yamaha to meet performance expectations.”
03. What boat companies will be selling boat packages with the Helm Master™ system?
We are currently working with multiple boat builders and you will need to consult with your dealer or boat builder to see if the Helm Master™ system is an available option on the specific boat package that you are interested in.
04. Will my dealer provide operational training to me when I buy the boat? Will it be difficult to learn?
The Helm Master™ system is very intuitive and easy to drive. Ask your dealer to provide you with operational training at the time of sale or on your sea trial. Also your new boat package will come with an owner’s manual specifically for your new Helm Master™ system.
05. Will my dealer know how the system operates and how to fix it?
Yes, Dealers are getting Helm Master™ specific training prior to the delivery of Helm Master™ equipped boats. Along with dealer training there are also various forms of support that any dealer can get from Yamaha.
06. How long is the warranty for the Helm Master™ system?
The Helm Master™ system will be covered under warranty for a period of three years and is not eligible for Yamaha Extended service coverage (Y.E.S.).
07. Can I add a second station to my Helm Master™ system?
Yes, we do offer a second station kit to dealers as an add on accessory. See your local dealer for pricing and installation costs.
08. How does the Helm Master™ system work?
The Helm Master™ system uses streamlined rigging that digitally connects an enhanced binnacle control, Hi Def LCD screen, electronic steering, electronic ignition, a theft deterrent system, and an innovative joystick. The joystick seamlessly integrates the steering, throttle and shift functions, as well as outboard propulsion and direction. For more info on Helm Master™ please refer back to the YamahaOutboards.com home page and select Helm Master™ under the rigging category.
09. Is the Helm Master™ system compatible with Autopilot systems?
Please check with your autopilot manufacturer to determine if their particular system is compatible with the Helm Master™ system.