Next Generation Boat Control System Helm Master<sup>®</sup> Ex
ENJOY THE WATER
THE EXPANDED CONTROL OF HELM MASTER EX
Make the most of every minute on the water with the incredible control of Helm Master EX. Helm Master EX is built on the success of our groundbreaking, original Helm Master boat control system. It expands upon the functionality, flexibility and compatibility of our original Helm Master system, for an exciting next generation of control.
The expanded functionality of Helm Master EX features:
- More programmed fishing functions
- True Autopilot with heading and course hold
- In-mode joystick adjustability
- More automated essential boat operations
- Fully electric steering for existing digital outboards 2.8L F150 – F350 B and C (New digital outboards 2.8L F150 – XF450 feature built-in electric steering.)
But expanded functionality isn’t the only news.
Now, Helm Master EX is available for a range of applications, from quint-engine offshore rigs to boats with single engines—an industry first . Not only is it available to more boaters, but it’s also available to more boats. Re-rig and repower your existing boat, or add it to a new boat package from an expanded roster of hundreds of participating boat builders. Finally, you can have your boat, your way with the expanded compatibility of Helm Master EX.
Available on new digital controlled outboards F150 and up.
THE INDUSTRY’S FIRST
Single-engine boaters hungry for more control, joystick maneuverability and automated fishing functions will find it all, exclusively with Helm Master EX. This is an exciting, industry-first compatibility. Helm Master EX is also compatible with single-, twin-, triple-, quad- and quint-engine applications.
ADD DIGITAL ELECTRIC STEERING
TO ALMOST ANY DIGITAL YAMAHA OUTBOARD.
New, bolt-on digital electric steering brings precision and responsiveness to Helm Master EX digitally controlled outboards from 150 to 350 horsepower (select models). Its streamlined design—with no pumps, valves, hoses, etc.—takes up much less space than traditional hydraulic units, for a clean spacious bilge.
AUTOPILOT ADDS PRECISION
TO NAVIGATION AND FUN TO FISHING.
Sit back and enjoy the ride with our NEW Autopilot panel. It features Heading Hold and Course Hold for increased navigation precision, and can shift your boat into a preselected SetPoint mode once you reach your destination. It even makes fishing more fun with automated Spirla, Zig Zag, Pattern Search and Williamson Turn patterns.
OUR NEW JOYSTICK
IS A SINGULAR ACHIEVEMENT.
Meet the industry’s first Joystick compatible with single-engine boats. (And twin, trip, quad- and quint configurations.) It features several automated SetPoint modes, like new DriftPoint® Track which auto-drifts your boat around jagged shorelines and underwater features. Get ready for fun fishing and maneuvering.
Our new, smaller five-inch CL5 touchscreen display does almost everything our original seven-inch display does—and takes up less dash space. Monitor the RPM and gear status of up to five engines simultaneously, plus access critical boat stats like tank levels for fuel, water and waste.
SEARCH FOR SWEET SPOTS
Find productive water by trolling in a grid pattern until you get bites. Then revisit spots where you found action. Pattern Steer automates a movement (Pattern Search) to do this.
- PUTS YOUR BOAT INTO AN AUTOMATED GRID PATTERN, SO YOU CAN FOCUS ON THE FISH.
- PAIR A PATTERN WITH SUB-IDLE TROLLING OR NUDGE SPEED UP OR DOWN BY HITTING THE SPEED CONTROL BUTTON ON YOUR BINNACLE.
- PATTERN SEARCH WILL COMPLETE THE GRID, RETURNING YOUR BOAT TO ITS ORIGINATION POINT. IT WILL CONTINUE TO LOOP THE PATTERN UNTIL YOU DEACTIVATE IT
MANY SAFE RETURNS
You know you’re having fun when there’s tubing or skiing and the hats are flying. Easily, return to the spot for the pick-up. Pattern Steer automates a movement (Williamson Turn) just for this.
- AUTOMATES THE TWO-STEP TURN, RETURNING YOU SAFELY TO THE SPOT.
- PERFECT AT NIGHTTIME, IN REDUCED VISIBILITY OR WHEN YOUR ORIGINATION POINT IS OUT OF SIGHT.
- HANDY FOR RECOVERING VALUABLES THAT HAVE FALLEN INTO THE WATER OR RETURNING TO A SKIIER OR TUBER WHO’S DROPPED THE TOW LINE.
Even when you’re automated, wind and current can pull a boat slightly off course. Lateral Assist compensates for outside forces to keep you on track.
- INCREASES PRECISION IN ANY MANUAL OR AUTOMATED HELM MASTER® EX LATERAL MOVEMENT.
- IMPROVES ACCURACY AND SAFETY WHEN CRABBING UP TO A DOCK FOR FUELING OR DEBOARDING.
- IMPROVES THE CONTROL OF AUTOMATED LATERAL HELM MASTER EX MOVEMENTS SUCH AT DRIFTPOINT® AND DRIFTPOINT TRACK.
PEACE AND QUIET FOR FISHING AND RELAXING
Select FishPoint® Bow or Stern and it’s like your boat is tethered at its bow or stern. No anchor required!
- MAINTAINS BOAT POSITION (BUT NOT HEADING) USING GPS AND MINIMAL RPMS.
- AS QUIET AT IS GETS WITHOUT DROPPING AN ANCHOR.
- PERFECT FOR STATIONARY FISHING DIRECTLY BELOW THE BOAT OR FOR HAVING A QUIET DINNER ON THE WATER.
CONTROL WHILE YOU GO WITH THE FLOW
Select DriftPoint® or DriftPoint Track and your boat will enter a controlled drift, either simply maintaining its heading (DriftPoint) or maintaining its heading while drifting along a set of determined waypoints on a route (DriftPoint Track). Built-in Lateral Assist increases precision.
- MAINTAINS BOAT HEADING (BUT NOT POSITION) USING GPS AND MINIMAL RPMS.
- DRIFTPOINT IS GREAT FOR DRIFT FISHING A WRECK, KITE FISHING OR WATCHING A SUNSET FROM THE STERN.
- DRIFTPOINT TRACK IS GREAT FOR DRIFTING OR FISHING ALONG A JAGGED SHORELINE OR UNDERWATER FEATURES.
PUT IT IN PARK, ON THE WATER
StayPoint® “marks” your position and heading and maintains the spot within 10 feet (ideal conditions) or 75 feet (high winds/currents).
- MAINTAINS BOAT HEADING AND POSITION USING GPS AND INDEPENDENT OUTBOARD THRUST CONTROL.
- USE IT WHEN WAITING FOR A BRIDGE, A SLIP TO OPEN UP OR FOR YOUR TURN AT THE FUEL DOCK.
- STAYPOINT FUNCTIONALITY AVAILABLE TO THOSE WITH TWINS, TRIPS AND QUADS.
SEAMLESS CONTROL FROM RUN TO ARRIVAL
Select a route with Track Point, actuate it in Autopilot and then select what your boat does at the end of the route with Waypoint Arrival. At the Way Point, your boat can go into neutral or automatically enter a SetPoint® mode.
- AUTOPILOT WITH WAYPOINT ROUTES MEANS YOU CAN SIT BACK, RELAX AND ENJOY THE RIDE.
- SELECT WHAT YOUR BOAT DOES WHEN YOU REACH YOUR FINAL WAYPOINT. YOUR BOAT CAN SLOW TO IDLE, STOP IN PLACE OR SHIFT INTO AN AUTOMATED MODE LIKE DRIFTPOINT.
- AUTOMATES YOUR ROUTE AND WHAT YOUR BOAT DOES WHEN IT ARRIVES.
YOU’RE HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
Don’t let the wind or current get you turned around. Activate Heading Hold in Autopilot to make sure your boat maintains a set compass point.
- PICK A COMPASS DIRECTION, HIT HEADING HOLD AND KNOW YOU’LL MAINTAIN DIRECTION.
- GREAT FOR MAKING A SIMPLE RUN ACROSS THE LAKE OR UP THE COASTLINE.
- HEADING HOLD WORKS IN FORWARD OR REVERSE—WHICH IS HANDY WHEN BACK TROLLING.
IT’S EASY TO STAY THE COURSE
Don’t let wind or current push you off of your intended route. Course Hold makes sure you don’t take any detours to your destination.
- SELECT A DESTINATION AND COURSE HOLD WILL MAKE SURE YOU STAY ON COURSE.
- WHEN FIGHTING CURRENT AND WIND, IT ADDS ANOTHER LEVEL OF ACCURACY TO PRE-PROGRAMMED ROUTES IN AUTOPILOT.
- AVOID OBSTACLES WITH IN-MODE JOYSTICK ADJUSTABILITY. SIDEWAYS JOYSTICK MOVEMENTS CAN OFFSET THE COURSE PARALLEL IN 10-, 20- OR 50-FOOT INCREMENTS.
GET THEM TO TAKE THE BAIT
Stalling your bait and then moving it suddenly gets the attention of the fish. Pattern Steer automates a movement (spiral or zig-zag) to do this.
- PUTS YOUR BOAT INTO AN AUTOMATED ZIG ZAG OR SPIRAL PATTERN, SO YOU CAN FOCUS ON THE FISH.
- PAIR A PATTERN WITH SUB-IDLE TROLLING OR NUDGE SPEED UP OR DOWN BY HITTING THE SPEED CONTROL BUTTON ON YOUR BINNACLE.
- GREAT FOR SPIRALLING OVER A WRECK OR ZIG ZAGGING OVER A SCHOOL OF FISH TO TRIGGER A STRIKE.
GO AT YOUR OWN PACE WITH A BUTTON PRESS
Throttle up or down with the touch of a button, and engage Pattern Shift for sub-idle trolling speeds while fishing.
- SPEED CONTROL HOLDS YOUR DESIRED RPM. ACCELERATE OR DECELERATE AT THE TOUCH OF A BUTTON. IT’S JUST LIKE CRUISE CONTROL.
- PATTERN SHIFT PERFECTS TROLLING BY AUTOMATICALLY SHIFTING IN AND OUT OF GEAR. CAN ACHIEVE SPEEDS AS LOW AS < 0.5 MPH, DEPENDING ON RIG.
- PATTERN SHIFT IS GREAT FOR TROLLING WHILE FISHING FOR WALLEYE OR BACK TROLLING.
Select a SetPoint mode such as FishPoint with the buttons on the joystick
Engage Heading or Course Hold on your Autopilot panel.
Once you reach your desired speed, activate Speed Control by pressing the button on the lower left side of your binnacle up or down. This will hold your current speed and allow you to bump it up or down with that same button. It’s just like cruise control in a car.
All-New Yamaha Helm Master® EX
Helm Master EX Autopilot
Helm Master EX Digital Electric Steering
Helm Master EX Digital Electronic Control
Helm Master EX Manuverability
Helm Master EX Single Engine Application
Owner Operation - Digital Electronic Steering
Owner Operation - Joystick Multi-Outboard Applications
Owner Operation - Joystick Single Outboard Applications
Owner Operation - Electronic Keyless System EKS
Owner Operation - Single Outboard Application Digital Electronic Control (DEC)
Owner Operation – Multi-Outboard Application Digital Electronic Control (DEC)
Owner Operation – Trim Assist
Owner Operation – Adjusting Lever Friction Detents
Owner Operation - StayPoint®
Owner Operation - DriftPoint / DriftPoint Track
Our redesigned, Digital Electronic Single Binnacle puts a new level of control—and style—into the hands of single-engine boaters. It’s now available in a black-on-black styling option, in addition to traditional chrome, and features new integrated Power and Start/Stop buttons for a cleaner dash. It also offers convenient push-button activation of Neutral Hold, Speed Control with Pattern Shift, Trim Assist and Station Selection (if you have a second station). Button lights are dimmable to match the customized light settings of your CL5 display. Through your display, you can also set throttle friction and shift detent to your preference. Compatible with most digital Yamaha outboards 2.8L to 5.6L (150-450hp).
Our redesigned, Digital Electronic Multiple-Engine Binnacle Control commands up to five outboards. It’s now available in a black-on-black styling option, in addition to traditional chrome, and features new integrated Power and All Start/Stop buttons for a cleaner dash. It also offers Single-Lever control (control all engines with one lever), Center Engine only control (for three four, or five outboards),and convenient, push-button activation of Neutral Hold, Speed Control with Pattern Shift, Trim Assist and Station Selection (if you have a second station). Button lights are dimmable to match the customized light settings of your CL5 display. Through your display, you can also set throttle friction and shift detent to your preference. Compatible with most digital Yamaha outboards 2.8L to 5.6L (150-450hp).
Our redesigned, Joystick is compatible with a range of applications, from quints to single engines—an industry first. It’s now available in a black-on-black styling option, in addition to traditional chrome, and features new, nine-color customizable LED illumination. Functionality includes the SetPoint® suite of automated fishing and boating functions, including FishPoint®, DriftPoint®, DriftPoint Track, StayPoint® (twins and up). It also allows for joystick adjustability while in SetPoint and Autopilot modes and Track Point with SetPoint. Plus, Vetus®-brand bow thruster control can be integrated with the joystick, for seamless pivot and low-speed maneuvering control. Compatible with most digital Yamaha outboards 2.8L to 5.6L (150-450hp).
FLUSH SIDE-MOUNT CONTROL
The Helm Master® EX flush side-mount digital control is perfect for rigging single-engine luxury pontoons, premium dual consoles and more. It brings convenient, push-button activation of Speed Control, Trim Assist and Neutral Hold to the single-engine set. Available for right-mount main or second stations and is compatible with wireless key fob and most digital Yamaha outboards 2.8L to 5.6L (F150 to XF450).
Our NEW Autopilot panel offers push-button activation of handy functions like Heading Hold and Course Hold while underway, Track Point for route selection, Way Point Arrival which slows or shifts your boat into a preselected mode at the end of your selected route, and Pattern Steer Spiral, Zig Zag, Pattern Search and Williamson Turn automations for fishing and more. Compatible with most digital Yamaha outboards 2.8L to 5.6L (150-425hp).
CL5 TOUCHSCREEN DISPLAY
Our NEW CL5 five-inch touchscreen display panel can monitor the RPM and gear status for up to five engines at once, and offers critical boat stats such as tank levels for fuel, water and waste. As part of the Helm Master EX system, compatible with most digital Yamaha outboards 2.8L to 5.6L (150-425hp).
DIGITAL ELECTRIC STEERING
An exciting innovation, our new bolt-on digital electric steering can be added to Helm Master EX digitally controlled outboards from 150 horsepower to 350 horsepower (select models). It brings the built-in steering precision and responsiveness of our XTO Offshore outboard to lower horsepower outboards. This component features a streamlined design—without pumps, valves, hoses, etc.—for a clean, spacious bilge. So it takes up significantly less space than traditional hydraulic steering units. It also draws much less power than a traditional hydraulic steering unit, preserving battery life.
MULTI-FUNCTION DISPLAY INTERFACE
Our multi-function display interfaces engine information to a number of Multi-function Displays, allowing touchscreen or wireless remote operation, depending on model. Enables chart plotting, sonar, radar, Autopilot, video, music control, digital switching, XM® weather and more. Software is easily updated via USB.
*Compatibility between MFD Interfaces and MFDs varies by the MFD manufacturer. Consult with your authorized Yamaha Outboard dealer to ensure you’re purchasing the MFD Interface that’s compatible with your MFD of choice.
WIRELESS KEY FOB
The Helm Master EX Keyless FOB works with Keyless Start/Stop Ignition Panels for one-touch starting near the helm. It’s also used to engage the optional Y-COP® Anti-Theft System, which disables your ignition and fuel systems for security when docked. Y-COP engagement works from up to 15 feet away. Every Helm Master EX system comes with two buoyant, wireless FOBs, however, up to four can be programmed to your system at one time.
Stop/Start Panels are available for single- or multi-engine configurations. They feature slim, backlit, button-push designs that preserve dash space. For multi-engine rigs, a small All Start Panel can also be added. All panels work with the Helm Master EX buoyant Wireless Key FOB for keyless ignition and the engagement of our optional Y-COP® Anti-Theft System.
Have questions about re-rigging your boat, compatibility with your outboard, component functions or participating boat builder partners? Contact your nearest authorized Yamaha Outboards dealer.Contact Your Dealer